1. Valid residence permits for Germany for non-German applicants
2. One (1) duly completed visa application form
3. Two (2) biometric passport-size color photos
a. Photo size must size must be 5x5cm (2”x2”)
b. Photo must be original: taken within the past six months and showing current appearance
c. Poto background must be plain white
4. One (1) copy of the bio-data page of the passport
5. Visa fee of $100 (US) or euquivalent in euros upon approval.
(Please do NOT pay until the visa has been approved. You will be contacted by email or telephone call to confirm approval of your visa application and will then receive the visa bank account details)
6. Original passport – must be valid for least six (6) months after the date of entry to the Republic
of South Sudan
7. At least three (3) empty pages in passport
8. Self-Addressed return envelope (A4 size, padded), with stamps for applicants sending their
applications via post. Failure to send a return envelope may cause a delay in the return of the passport(s)
9. Copy of return ticket/itinerary
10. Proof of visa fees payment upon approval
11. In case of single parent accompanied by his children, please attach the approval of the other parent
authenticated by the appropriate authorities in your country. The approval and autentication MUST be
translated into English by a certified translator.
1. Tourist visa applicants must obtain proof of financial ability (e.g. bank statement for the last three months
showing at least 3000€). For a business or official visa, a letter of invitation or purpose of travel from the
employer in South Sudan or the instiution in Germany stating the purpose of travel and field of business of
the inviting organization is required. In caseof pravte business companies or organizations, the registration
certificate of the company is required. In the case of a tourist visa, the Embassy requires a hotel reservation
in South Sudan.
2. For diplomatic visas of official visits, the Embassy requires a note from the Federal Foreign Office (all
details of the trip must be included). No fees are required for diplomatic, official, special or
3. The Embassy only issues single visas for one month (30days); multiple visas are not issued.
Extensions of periods of stay in South Sudan may be done through the Passport, Immigration and
Nationality Department in the South Sudan Ministry of the Interior.
4. For those accompanied by pets, a vaccination certificate and a pet certificate are required.
5. Minimum processing time is five (5) to six (6) working days. The Embassy will notify the applicant
as soon as approval is obtained, and the applicant will receive visa account details.
6. Please send applications to
Consular Section of South Sudan Embassy in Berlin
Tel.: +49 (0)30 206 4459 -0/15
Fax.: +49 (0)30 206 4459 -19
We only accept payment of visa fees by bank transfer:
1. All payments must be payable to the Embassy of South Sudan in Berlin.
2. Please remember to write clearly and to complete the entire appliacation form.
Failure to do so may result in a longer processing time.
3. The Visa Department ist ready to receive applications from 10-12h, 13-15h, Monday to Friday
4. Visa applicants are welcome to collect their visas from 10-12h, 13-15h, Monday to Friday.